Joshua Cheptegei Win mens 5000m, The men’s pole vault, where Olympic champion and current world record holder Armand “Mondo” Duplantis will be vying for further history, appears to be the day’s main event.
The World Indoor Championships in March saw him clear 6.20 meters, and he warmed up for Eugene by achieving a new outdoor best of 6.16 meters at his final event before the Worlds, the Stockholm Diamond League. A home crowd will support Olympic silver medalist Chris Nilsen, while Thiago Braz of Brazil and EJ Obiena of the Philippines will both be vying for the top spot Joshua Cheptegei Win mens 5000m.
Joshua Cheptegei Win mens 5000m
Joshua Cheptegei Win mens 5000m, In the men’s 5000m, Uganda’s Joshua Cheptegei is widely favored, and in the women’s 800m, Athing Mu, Ajee’ Wilson, and Keely Hodgkinson are locked in a USA-GB struggle. In the women’s 100m hurdles, Kendra Harrison of the USA and Tobi Amusan of Nigeria will present Jasmine Camacho-Quinn with challenging competition.
See also World Athletics Championships 2022
On the final day, medals are also awarded in the men’s decathlon and women’s long jump; may we see Allyson Felix again after the star made a surprise return in the heats? The two 4x400m relays will wrap off the Championships as Joshua Cheptegei Win mens 5000m.
Morning session schedule
All events at Hayward Field unless specified
- 06:15 – Men’s 35km race walk – Final (Autzen Stadium)
- 09:35 – Men’s decathlon 110m hurdles
- 10:30 – Men’s decathlon discus throw – Group A
- 11:40 – Men’s decathlon discus throw – Group B
- 12:15 – Men’s decathlon pole vault – Group A
- 13:15 – Men’s decathlon pole vault – Group B
Evening session schedule
All events at Hayward Field
- 17:05 – Men’s decathlon javelin throw – Group A
- 17:05 – Women’s 100m hurdles – Semi-final
- 17:25 – Men’s pole vault – Final
- 17:50 – Women’s long jump – Final
- 18:05 – Men’s 5000m – Final
- 18:10 – Men’s decathlon javelin throw – Group B
- 18:35 – Women’s 800m – Final
- 19:00 – Women’s 100m hurdles – Final
- 19:20 – Men’s decathlon 1500m
- 19:35 – Men’s 4x400m relay – Final
- 19:50 – Women’s 4x400m relay – Final