NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania
1. Functions of NHIF Tanzania
- Register members and issue identity cards;
- Collect contributions;
- Certify health service providers for provision of health care services to members;
- Reimbursement of health service providers’ claims;
- Invest the excess funds collected in order to earn income;
- Carry out Actuarial Assessment and Valuation; and
- Provide health insurance education to the public
2. How NHIF Tanzania Raise Funds
NHIF Tanzania collect funds from compulsory contributions from employees in the public sector who are obliged to register themselves and contribute to the Fund a total of six percent.(6%) of their monthly basic salary which is equally shared between the employer and employee.
However on NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania, the Fund has put in place separate contribution arrangements for other groups that join the Fund voluntarily.
Know This M-Pesa charges in Tanzania (Ada za M-Pesa Tanzania) 2022
3. Members of NHIF Tanzania
Members of the Fund are categorized as follows:
- Public Employees
- Non Public Employees
- Retired Public Employees
- Children under 18 years
- Farmers in Cooperative Societies
- Members of Organized Socioeconomic Groups e.g. Machingas, Bodaboda, Drivers, etc.
- Individual members under Health Insurance Bundles
- Bunge Health Insurance Scheme for Members of Parliament
4. Certified Health Facilities Coverage
The Fund undertakes certifications of facilities that are fully registered by the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children to provide services to beneficiaries. These health facilities are divided into three groups namely Government, Faith based organization and Privately owned health facilities. Currently the Fund has certified more than 7,900 health facilities with different levels of accreditation to serve the Fund’s beneficiaries. These categories are:-
- National Referral,
- Zonal Referral,
- Regional Referral,
- District Hospitals,
- Diagnostic Centers
- Specialized Clinics,
- Health Centers,
- Pharmacies, and
- Accredited Drugs Dispensing Outlets.
5. NHIF Tanzania Coverage
The NHIF provides a wide coverage towards medical expenses on NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania. The coverage includes:
- Inpatient cover
- Outpatient cover
- Group life cover
- Last expense cover
- Ex-Gratia Payments
- Maternity and reproductive cover
The recently launched NHIF Tanzania new packages on NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania, have made it easy for all Tanzanians to join the NHIF, especially those who were unable to access health services due to their limited financial possibilities.
Know More About Jinsi Ya Kufungua Chap Chap Account NMB | Open Chap Chap Account NMB 2022
Through a wide network of accredited health facilities, NHIF Tanzania dedicates itself to provide quality social health insurance to all Tanzanians to access affordable health care services. The packages launched are;
- Najali Afya Premium
- Wekeza Afya Premium
- Timiza Afya Premium
The recently launched NHIF Tanzania price list 2019 shows the amount of money you should contribute to NHIF Tanzania for the services. Below is a table that shows the NHIF Tanzania cost payable yearly on NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania.
However, a contributor who has more than 4 children under 18 years depending on him or her can apply for the Toto Afya card and pay a yearly fee of Tsh. 50,400 per child.
KIKOA is a health insurance scheme for groups in the informal sector who have registered special groups of entrepreneurs like motorcycle and food vendors with members not less than 10.
As per the NHIF regulations, a KIKOA member can add his/ her spouse and 4 legally recognized dependants and contribute Tsh. 76,800 yearly. Membership expires after a year unless renewed each in NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania.
A private individual can also join the scheme and register dependants as per the guidelines of NHIF and contribute an annual fee of Tsh. 1,501,200.
Ushirika Afya member pays Tsh. 76,800 annually. Although one has an option to add their spouse, parent, and parent of spouse, you will pay an extra Tsh. 76,800 for each person added and Tsh. 50,400 for every child under 18 years.
Students registered under learning institutions will pay Tsh. 50,400 annually up to their graduation year on NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania.
Read Also Jinsi ya Kulipia LUKU | Umeme TANESCO kupitia CRDB
7. NHIF Tanzania Membership
- Toto Afya Card
- Public Institutions
- Vifurushi vya Bima ya Afya
- Non Public Institutions
- Umoja Afya
- Ushirika Afya
- Boda boda Afya
- Machinga Afya
- Madereva Afya
The scheme covers Tanzanians of all ages regardless of where they work. It can be for the government, the private sector or self-employed. The NHIF Tanzania membership registration form can be found on their official website.
To join, download the NHIF Tanzania forms provided below and fill them before presenting them at any NHIF office for approval.
- Membership registration form
- Student registration form
- Toto Afya Kadi registration form
- Employer registration form
- Mutual member registration form
- Private individual registration form
- Mutual group registration form
- Retiree registration form
- Ushirika Afya form
ALL FORMS ARE AVAILABLE HERE
Although all the above forms can be downloaded, filled and presented to any NHIF office, online registration is available for students only in NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania.
The online registration is meant for students from higher learning institutions that are accredited by the fund to apply for the NHIF card online without having to visit an NHIF office.
Access the NHIF Tanzania portal, register online, and follow the instructions to fill the form on this NHIF Tanzania Price List 2022 Gharama za Bima Tanzania
Read More about Download Your NIDA number | Copy Online | National ID (NIDA)
Documents You Need to Register as an NHIF Tanzania Member
- Identification card; either a driving licence, passport, voter’s card or national ID.
- Recent coloured photo passport
- For religious denominations wishing to register with NHIF should submit a registration request letter to any NHIF office nearby.
- For children under the age of 18 years, a birth certificate will be needed.
- Learning institutions wishing to register their students must apply and be registered to the Fund as an employer.
- Mutual groups wishing to register to NHIF should accompany their application forms with their registration certificate, Constitution, list of all members and TIN Number Certificate.
- To register a spouse as a dependant you must include an identification card and marriage certificate.
- To register a parent as a dependant you must include an identification card for the parent and the contributor’s birth certificate.
- To register a spouse’s parent as a dependant you must include an identification card for the spouse’s parent, birth certificate of the spouse and the contributor’s marriage certificate.
See Also Salary Slip Portal Tanzania 2022/2023 ,Online,Register