World Cup 2022 Penalties Awarded in Group Stage, There is nothing more frustrating in football than a penalty kick, and this winter’s World Cup has seen its fair share.
The rules are simple: kick the ball into the net, and you score. In theory. But in practice, penalty kicks can be a nightmare to watch—and even worse if you’re on the receiving end of one.
The penalty kick is one of the most iconic parts of football, but it can also be one of the most frustrating. When a team misses a penalty kick, they usually lose the game. And when they miss two in a row, well… The most recent example was Argentina’s Lionel Messi, who missed penalty in the same game against Poland.
Major tournaments in Qatar were always bound to raise important talking points. And with the semi-automated VAR system, controversial penalty decisions have been on the lips of many fans.
Even football legends Graeme Souness and Roy Keane had a heated argument over the penalty kick when Saudi Arabia beat Argentina.
World Cup 2022 Penalties Awarded in Group Stage
Find out below how many penalties have been scored in the World Cup so far. There have been a total of 12 penalties scored in this year’s World Cup.
- Enner Valencia (scored) – Qatar vs ECUADOR
- Mehdi Taremi (scored) – England vs IRAN
- Gareth Bale (scored) – USA vs WALES
- Lionel Messi (scored) – ARGENTINA vs Saudi Arabia
- Robert Lewandowski (saved) – POLAND vs Mexico
- Ilkay Gundogan (scored) – GERMANY vs Japan
- Ferran Torres (scored) – SPAIN vs Costa Rica
- Alphonso Davies – (saved) CANADA vs Belgium
- Cristiano Ronaldo – (scored) PORTUGAL vs Ghana
- Salem Al Dawsari – (saved) Poland vs SAUDI ARABIA
- Bruno Fernandes – (scored) Uruguay vs PORTUGAL
- Lionel Messi – (saved) Poland vs ARGENTINA
- Andre Ayew – (saved) GHANA vs Uruguay
- Robert Lewandowski – (Scored) – France vs POLAND
- Msimamo Makundi Kombe la Dunia 2022 World Cup
- Matokeo ya Kombe la Dunia 2022 World Cup
- Top Assist World Cup 2022 Qatar Kombe la Dunia
- Ranking of the Best World Cup Jerseys 2022 Qatar
- Qatar 2022 World Cup Rules for Fans and Visitors?
- FIFA 23 Predictions in 2022 World Cup Finals
- The Youngest Players In World Cup History?